Full Size GMC install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
shawn k

Full Size GMC install

Post by shawn k »

This client had several systems installed from a local shop, but it really wasn't up to par for the moolah he had spent. He had four RE 10's behind the rear seat in a super sweet floppy box :doh: After a quick calculation I realized that each driver had about .13 cu ft to work with in the current enclosure. :hmm: I convinced him that I could build a new enclosure that would sound much better with just three subs. I wanted to make the box compliment the interior better than the previous carpeted one, as well as secure it down some way. I also had to mold in the new double din to the dash (stock is din & half) and add rear seat monitors. All of this was done in my relative's garage which is certainly no install bay but the customer was happy and that's all that matters :wink:

kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

very vice nice

All I need is 2 head rest tv for my car...
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

very nice job on the enclosure!
what is powering those subs?
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Thanks guys! :thumleft:

He has an a/d/s 6 ch for mids & highs, and an RF bd1000 for the low lows
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That's one of the nicest truckriders i've seen. Good work!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Nice work. What yr is the truck? A friend of mine had an 06 I built a box for. Made a removable rear center console for it. Sub had to much of a mounting depth to put behind the seat.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Thanks guys!

I believe it was 01' or 02'. I remember it was the last year for the din&half as the later models were a double din. Would have made things much easier, and cheaper, if it were slightly newer :doh:
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Looks awesome. Killer box!
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

that must have taken forever! good idea with the slats for shape. thats dedication!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Bfowler wrote:that must have taken forever! good idea with the slats for shape. thats dedication!
Didn't take too awefully long really. About a day and half for the enclosure including vinyl wrap. The slats were something I thought of off the cuff. I was originally going to use "wacky" wood for the curve, but this worked out well. First time trying it, and I'm sure I'll use it again someday. Always nice to figure out new and efficient little tricks :wink:
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Very nice :clap:
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

Thats a very nice enclosure...

but.. how do they sound?
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Damo95 wrote:Thats a very nice enclosure...

but.. how do they sound?
Thanks!!

The subs rocked! I was very impressed considering you can/could pick these up for around $50-$60 a piece. This was my first experience with RE. Even though they're just one bump from entry level they seemed handled tons of power, get loud, and get low. Got to love affordable gear that performs well :clap: