My 2000 Sierra "No Limits" install updated

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
smgreen20

My 2000 Sierra "No Limits" install updated

Post by smgreen20 »

Forget the other threads I made about my install. This one right here is the most "put together" log I have here. So w/o further ado...

Well after having my wife TELL me to go play in the garage and put in my other amp in my truck (a 2000 GMC Sierra Z71 ext cab) before it gets to cold, I did it and I'm so pleased w/the sound and looks. Here's a rundown of the equipment used.

HU: Eclipse AVN6620
AMP: Audison LRx5.1k
MIDS: Silver Flute W17RC38-4 (6 1/2")
TWEETERS: Phoenix Gold Elite (1") made by Morel after their MT-23 tweeter
SUBS: TREO SSi12.22 (12" dual 2 ohm VC)
EQ: AudioControl DQS
PROCESSOR: Phoenix Gold BassCube

The Truck, a 2000 GMC Sierra EXT cab Step side

HU, I had to modify the dash to fit the double din, as it WAS a din and a half. I still need to finish off the trim around it, but am going to wait until I have to pull the HU back out to run extra cables for the monitors that will be going into the back of the front headrests.

AMP, Chs 1/2 ~50w x 2 @ 4 ohms, Chs 3/4 ~160w x 2 @ 4 ohms, Ch 5 ~ 1150w x 1 @ 2 ohms, along w/the BassCube, DQS and +/- distro block.

Mids, I need to redo the black trim that is now around the mids enclosure. I need to get pics of it, but am waiting until I get it corrected.

Tweets, the pass side A-pillar needs to be touched up a bit too. It cracked a bit when I went to put it in. That shape was from the previous set up I had on them.

Subs, The sub box isn't 100% done just yet, maybe ~80%. I'm going to redo the grills for the subs and paint the box w/a textured paint just like the mid pods and A-pillars.

I don't have the gains dialed in 100% yet, but it's close and I need to tweek the eqs a bit. The HU has a 7 band para and the DQS is a 30 band graphic x 6 ch, + 2 band para per ch. for a total of 192 bands of eq for the DQS and another 7 = 199 bands of EQ hell.
I'm using Eagles Hotel California as a reference disc. So far w/o much tweeking, it sounds great. I can really tel a difference from this amp and the PG ZX450va amp I was using on the mids/highs and that was a great amp in it's own right. I'm an Audison lover for life now after this amp has now spoiled me.
Last edited by smgreen20 on Thu May 26, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

I like what you did with the tweeters.
would you mind commenting on the imaging and how you chose that location? I am in the process of deciding on final mounting locations for some tweets right now and have considered something similar.
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Mostly picked that location to bring the soundstage up. I cross over at a higher point then most at 5k Hz. To do that you need a mid that wont display cone break up at high freqs, which is why I use the Silver Flutes. The imaging is really good, BUT you have to take the time to find the angle at which to point the tweets at.

I look for a centered image in the center of my dash, NOT my head or to where I'm sitting so in a sense off to my right a bit and just above my dash about 1'.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
Hawkes852

Re: My 2000 Sierra "No Limits" install updated

Post by Hawkes852 »

Awesome!! It’s just what I need!! Thanks!..............
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Re:

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

smgreen20 wrote:Mostly picked that location to bring the soundstage up. I cross over at a higher point then most at 5k Hz. To do that you need a mid that wont display cone break up at high freqs, which is why I use the Silver Flutes. The imaging is really good, BUT you have to take the time to find the angle at which to point the tweets at.

I look for a centered image in the center of my dash, NOT my head or to where I'm sitting so in a sense off to my right a bit and just above my dash about 1'.

Why is it evryone lives so bloody far away from here......I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THIS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!! I didnt realize the versatility and power that Audison has. I mean I knew it was a great amp.... but that is alot of power in a relatively decent sized chassis 8)
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

mmmmm... Audison! 8)

How do you like the Treo's? They look pretty beefy. No dealers up this way and pretty much never see them.
AKA "THE HATER"
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I feel the same way, Audison...... BUT I do feel bad for giving up .my ZPA's being a PG fan and all.

TREOs, love them. If I can help it, I won't own/use another sub. They're in a fairly small box for 12's ported, but they slam when called to do so and more importantly, they sound great.

Install: