Cyclone enclosure for home theater

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

Your 'WorkMate' looks almost as bad as mine :P
Greg Kitching
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That thing is probably older than I am :lol:
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

Wakeup wrote:So how's the box comming?!
Still in this exact same state in storage in Utah. *hangs head in shame* I just don't have room for my home theater let alone that beast right now. I can't wait to change that situation though.

For that box I used a tablesaw, inverted router table, jig saw, air compressor, pneumatic nailer/stapler, box-building clamps, and a D/A sander. To be honest Stipud I think a router and accessories should be one of your first real tool investments. In addition to the wood working it opens up the possibilities for precision work with acrylic and non-ferrous metals. One of the main reasons I bought mine was to help me progress in my fiberglass work. In addition to the speaker rings you can construct endless pieces with a router that will serve as the foundation for some fancy fiberglass creations. The possibilities really are limitless. That said, I easily sunk about a grand into the Porter-Cable router, router shield, mobile solutions templates (and I haven't even touched the surface), bits, perfect circle jig, and table construction. I still need a lot more templates, router lift, and even a second router to really get where I want to be.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Okay... I was thinking $200 or less :lol:

Looks like i'll stick to my jigsaw.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

^yeah..bits alone are ~25-60 each
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

$200 would definately get you started. A nice 'no frills' router and some bits would get you started. Playing with those items till you get the hang of it. The ideas will flow once you've tried them. The circle jig is the most important attachment to have. Then build your arsenal as you progress.

I picked up a book at borders on router projects. All projects were done with nothing but a roughter.
Greg Kitching
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Damn...i keep revisiting this thread....

I need a box for my dual cyclones.....
bahhhh